1. Participation in Activities
- I understand that I will not receive any payments or remuneration for my volunteer work in Ling Kwang Home for Senior Citizens (LKHSC).
- I also understand that LKHSC has the right to disallow me to participate in any activities.
2. Responsibilities of LKHSC
- I agree that LKLHSC, its officers, directors, employees, sponsors, volunteers, partners, third- party service providers and agents shall not be held responsible for damages, loss, injuries suffered, medical costs and expenses incurred by me arising from my participation in any activities.
- I agree to indemnify LKHSC, its officers, directors, employees, sponsors, volunteers, partners, third- party service providers and agents from all liabilities, actions and claims for damages, loss, injuries, medical costs and expenses arising as a result of my participation in the activities.
4. Volunteer Code of Conduct
- I agree that I have no authority to represent LKHSC in any capacity.
- I agree to behave responsibly and act in a manner that will not endanger the safety and well-being of others.
- I agree to obey instructions given by LKHSC on confidentiality, safety and behaviour.
- I agree that the personal information (including pictures and videos of me participating in events, etc.) may be disclosed for the purpose as stated below:
- Publicity for LKHSC
- Publicity to garner more individuals, corporate bodies and other organizations to volunteer
- Reporting purposes (e.g. LKHSC Annual Reports)
5. I agree not to disclose any personal information (including pictures and videos of residents, clients and staff participating in events, etc.) provided to/collected by me or which I may have access to.
6. I understand that a standard of conduct is expected of me as a volunteer and I agree to act in such a manner that will not create liability or bring disrepute to LKHSC and its name.
7. The standard of conduct shall include:
- Being punctual for my volunteer duty.
- Being reliable and responsible for all duties entrusted to me (e.g. the care of the resident or clients).
- Communicating any issues or concerns which are likely to affect my volunteer duties.
- Doing the volunteer duties as assigned and directed.
- Accepting guidance from the Volunteer Coordinator or supervisor.
- Being willing to learn and participate in orientation, training programs, and meetings.
- Maintaining a smooth working relationship with LKHSC staff and staying within the bounds of the volunteer role.
- Keeping sensitive organizational information confidential as per LKHSC policies on personal data protection.
- Complying with the policies and procedures of the organization.
8. Conflict of Interest
I agree to avoid any conflict between my personal interests and the interests LKHSC.
I will inform LKHSC of any potential or actual conflict.
9. Dispute Resolution
This form is governed by the laws and courts of Singapore and shall have jurisdiction over any dispute.