The IHDC centre at Ling Kwang Home provides support services for older adults who wish to remain living in the community, in the comforts of their homes with their loved ones. Generally, IHDC clients attend the centre from Mondays to Fridays where they receive personal care, medical, nursing and rehabilitation support by our multi-disciplinary team. In addition, activities, outings and programmes are conducted either by staff or volunteers to enhance our clients’ psycho-social and spiritual well-being. Transportation can be arranged for clients to attend the IHDC programme.
Our multi-disciplinary team comprises nursing, medical, social work, allied health professionals and ancillary staff rendering the following services:
- Nursing Services: Nurses and ancillary staff provide care to clients by following individualised care plans. They assist clients with their activities of daily living, carry out medical orders, as well as provide nursing and psycho-social care, as needed.
- Rehabilitative Services: The rehab team comprises physio- and occupational therapists as well as therapist aides. The team provides individualised and group rehabilitative programmes to improve or maintain the function and well-being of our clients.
- Medical Services: Our physician provides medical care and review clients’ medical conditions regularly.
- Home Care Services: Home care support is rendered to clients based on assessments of their needs and circumstances.
- Medical Social Work Services: Caregivers who have financial or other issues can be referred to our medical social worker for assistance.
We encourage family members to be actively involved in the care of our clients. We engage with them on a regular basis and welcome feedback for continuous improvement.